Lets talk thriller – and I’m not talking Michael Jackson – I’m talking about good old-fashioned thriller books, but with a bit of a twist. Everyone loves a good scary movie this time of year but what about a good thriller to sink your teeth into – now that’s something not everyone talks about. Or maybe you’re just like my dad and follow the motto “if it’s good they’re make it a movie and I can finish it in 2 hours” and will just head to the local cinema to see The Girl on the Train and call it a day.
If that’s not you and you actually prefer to read the words and bring the characters to life in your very own imagination then this list is for you – My Top 10 Thriller Books;
- 1 THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN by Paula Hawkins
- 2 CONFESSIONS OF A MURDER SUSPECT by James Patterson
- 3 GONE GIRL by Gillian Flynn
- 4 THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO by Stieg Larsson
- 5 THE BONE COLLECTOR by Jeffery Deaver
- 6 THE FIRM by John Grisham
- 7 THE CUCKOO’S CALLING by Robert Galbrath (aka J.K. Rowling)
- 8 AND THEN THERE WERE NONE by Agatha Christie
- 9 IN COLD BLOOD by Truman Capote
- 10 THE BOURNE IDENTITY by Robert Ludlum
Conveniently a good number of these books are also movies (actually all but number 2 & 7) so if you are indeed too lazy or simply to busy to read a few of these this Halloween season, hopefully you can squeeze in a movie date to get your “thriller fix.” If I can make a movie recommendation while I’m at it, I would say either a young Tom Cruise in “The Firm” or Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie in “The Bone Collector.”
Do you like reading thrillers or mystery books? What’s your favourite one? And if not, what is your favourite genre of books?
*post contains Amazon Affiliate links*
Show Comments (3)